20 Facts About Facebook You Must Know
Other than the facts that Facebook is the biggest social network with over 500 million users, Facebook is developed by Mark Zuckerberg in his dorm room way back in 2004 and Facebook has taken over MySpace which was very famous long back, there are other facts also to this huge network that I want to share. Such as number of addicts, disorders, general facts. So, here they go:
- Facebook has become so popular that psychologists have identified a new mental health disorder known as “Facebook Addiction Disorder”. According to a recent search people who are obsessed with Facebook are called as Facebook Addict. There are
- People spend almost 8.3 billion hours per month on Facebook. That gives me reply where all my time goes !
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the fifth-largest country in the world, after China, India, the U.S., and Indonesia.
- Facebook has over 350 million active users. More than 35 million users update their status each day, with more than 55 million status updates each day. A huge number what say?
- It is the second biggest website by traffic behind Google. A recent study says that every 1 out of 10 visits on internet are on Facebook.
- The average Facebook user has 130 friends. This is a bigger number than reality, we usually do not have so many friends. Jimmy Kimmel, a popular TV host in America declared 17 November as a Facebook Unfriend day. How many people did you unfriend that day?
- Al Pacino’s face was on the original Facebook homepage. Oh my God that must be long back. If ever Facebook decides to keep a face on its page now, which face will it be? Mark Zuckerberg or Obama?
- One of the early Facebook’s function was a file sharing service. It was just meant for file sharing.
- 60+% of people online use Facebook to stalk their ex! Now are you one of them? I know there are people just looking at your profile pics, un necessarily Liking your status updates and what not!
- Almost a billion photos are uploaded on Facebook every month. I’m sure many of these pictures are taken just to post on Facebook. Remember the weird-looking dog or any animal you saw on the road and clicked the photo so that you can post about it in your profile.
- 70% of college students are on Facebook and they log in everyday. So now no wonders why the attendance is short. 😀
- Facebook deletes accounts with strange-sounding names like “Leboe”, “Allien”, etc. They do allow fake accounts and remove these profile names. You cannot keep a profile with a celebrity name.
- Founder of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, is the world’s youngest billionaire! Wow!
- In a recent survey it was found out that 10% of admission officers have a look at their student’s Facebook profile to know more about them. Thirty-eight percent of admissions officers said that what they saw negatively affected the applicant.
- The average Facebook users spend more than 55 minutes a day on the site. They use the Like button nine times a month and write 25 comments each month. I have no comments here.
- Both citizens and police departments are increasingly using Facebook to catch suspected criminals.
- Girls can be prone to anxiety and depression by talking too much to their friends on Facebook. Called “co-rumination,” frequently discussing the same problem can lead to an unhealthy obsession.
- Facebook has added over 400 million users in less than 2 years.
- Total amount of active applications is 550,000 plus and growing daily.
- Facebook is available in 70 different languages.
These were some of the facts about Facebook that I searched and mentioned here. If you know of nay more, feel free to share them with me through the comments.