Mind Mapping is basically organizing your thoughts with a detailed diagram so that you do not lose out on anything and basically a great way to give an insights into a plan. We can say a mind map is something similar to a flow chart without the logical operators thrown in. It is more like a visual representation of a plan which with one glance can be understood by another person without much explaining to do.
Here are three great online tools for creating mind maps online and storing them.
- Think is a great online tool and has a very innovative style of showing the mind map (as you can see in the image below).
- It also allows creating private and public mindmaps and this you can do by creating them through Open IDs, Google ID or Yahoo ID.
- I liked the classy style of showing links and also the simple and easy way to use the interface.
#2. Text 2 Mind Map
- Text 2 Mind Map does exactly what the name suggests. It converts any Text into a Mind Map.
- If you are drawing up a list and sub-list this tool is ideal to use. Create your list and sub-lists and let the website map it out.
- There is no need to sign in and all you have to do is download the map as a JPEG file.
#3. Ekpenso Mind Map
- Ekpenso is a multi-language service to create Mind Maps. It also allows creating public and private Mind Maps.
- This website requires you to register and then use the service (It does support Open IDs).
- The best part of this website is you can download the map as an image and also as a PDF file. 🙂
I feel creating mind maps is like a advanced version of creating a list of things to do in the future except with mind map tools you can link one to do list to another in innovative ways. 😉
If you liked this you might also like reading about creating interactive online charts. Do try out these tools and let me know what do you think about them. Do share any other similar Mind Mapping tools you use through your comments.