We all might have set background images for the Local drives in Windows Xp.But you might not have set background picture for your pendrive.It’s a very simple hack so give it a try after reading this post,
All you need to do is, just Copy & Paste the below code to notepad,then save it as “desktop.ini”
VeBRA sources – don’t delete the tag above, it’s there for XXXXX purposes –
Some Information On Above Code:
- Where “YourPictureName.jpg” is, delete that and replace with your picture name for example “FreeBSD.bmp”
Please check that Picture format (.jpg , .bmp, .gif) properly else this hack won’t work.
- If your Picture is white colour then folder names will not be clear so change the IconArea_Text=”0xFFFFFF” to IconArea_Text=”0x000000”
- Save the notepad as “desktop.ini”.
- Place both your notepad file (i.e) desktop.ini and your picture in Pendrive.
- Set the above files attributes as Hidden.
- Refresh(F5) and Enjoy with your new background.
- You can also this on your windows Xp Local drives(C,D,E,F…).
I hope you like this trick.
[Editor's Note: This post is submitted by our guest blogger Praveen Kumar. He blogs on technology and internet at Computer Tips and Tricks