Linus Torvalds – The man who created Linux Kernel is extremely simple and not at all gizmo freak in his day-2day life. Unlike many open source icons, Torvalds maintains a low profile. He is still remains the ultimate authority on what new code is incorporated into the standard Linux kernel.
Below are some facts about his daily routine that may surprise you…. (Source: Linus Torvalds interview with LifeHacker Australia)
- He has only one 24′ monitor with resolution 1920×1200. Many hackers prefer atleast two monitors!
- He is still shell guy. Although he uses multiple windows, most of them are text-based!
- His favorite email app.. No Gmail… Outlook is out! Linus doesn’t use HTML enabled mails and he uses Alpine – a text based mail client!
- This guy is not social at all so do not waste time finding him on social networks. Even if you catch him you will never get a chance to chat with him on messenger. He prefers email as they are asynchronous in nature!
- The only to-do manager program he uses is KAlarm – a reminder program for the KDE desktop.
- What about cellphone? No he doesn’t have iphone… In fact he doesn’t have any mobile phone!
In personal life, Linus is married to Tove – a six-time Finnish national Karate champion! Nice pair… a computer geek & karate champ! If you are interested in knowing how these two met read this portion of Linus wikipedia page!
If something is missing and its really cool… let us know!