How to hide your profile pictures from everyone
Facebook, a social networking website which is popular for it’s awesome privacy features. It’s good and necessary too as most of the social networking website users are mainly want to be secured while using net. The privacy features of facebook is good but still it can’t beat it’s own old privacy features where you can even hide your profile picture from those people who are not in your friend’s list.
The most trending privacy feature now days is to hide your profile pictures from unknown people or even from your friends. But let me clear one thing here is that you can only lock the profile picture album, your current profile will still be shown to everyone. To hide your profile pictures, simply follow the following procedure:
- Login to your facebook account and go to Account >> Privacy Settings. (see top right side of your profile). You can also simply click here to go to privacy settings.
- Now click on customize settings link on that page.
- Click on Edit album privacy to view the privacy level for all your albums. (link: http://www.facebook.com/privacy/?view=photos ).
- Now the first album will be your ‘Profile Pictures’. For that album select “Custom” option from the drop down list with the album.
- Now you will see a pop-up on screen, select “Only Me” option from the drop down list for “Make it visible to” option.
That’s it, you’re all done now as there’s no need to save these changes. Go back to your homepage and your profile pictures album will now be locked for everyone even if the person is in your friend’s list. You can also lock this album for few people or none of them. Select the desired option from the same drop down list after you saw the pop-up.
For more facebook tips and tricks, keep visiting fbknol.com.
UPDATE: Using this link to edit albums privacy. https://www.facebook.com/media/albums/
UPDATE: Please read this post for more information on how to make pics private http://devilsworkshop.org/beware-current-profile-picture-public-facebook/