There are a lot of apps for Android users which can spice up your android phone. They are freely available on the Android Marketplace for Apps. It’s easy to download and install any app via Android Market.
Android allows apps to be installed via marketplace only due to security issues and malware problems. But there are many software that are not available in the market, several customized applications, apps created by your friends etc.
You may face problems installing them. Here, in this simple tutorial, I will guide you how to install any apps from any site to your Android phone.
- Download/Copy to your SD Card, the app installer from the site you want (it must have a “.apk” extension )
- Now Navigate to Home -> Settings.
- In the settings menu, select Applications
- In the application menu, you can see the option named ‘Unknown Sources’. Tap on it.
- Now select the app .apk file and tap on it
- Select install and it will be done!
Now the app have been installed on your phone. If you want to install an app from your computer, simply copy it to your SD Card / mail it to your android phone and carry out the same process to install it.
Do drop in your comments.