Samsung has set a lot of expectations for its new flagship Galaxy S IV model. The phone was unveiled in New York. The octa-core rumors turned out to be true. The phone does not disappoint and lives up to some of some of the hype that was set for it.
Here are some of the basic specs and some unique features.
Galaxy S IV Specs
- Display: Full HD Super AMOLED screen, 1920 X 1080 display (441ppi). The screen will be 5 inches. The screen though wider than S III the body of the SIV is slightly smaller.
- Processor: 1.6Ghz quad-core processor (some locations will have 1.9Ghz octa-core processor)
- Networks: 2G, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth. An LTE version will be rolled out later in the year.
- OS: Android 4.2.2
- Camera: 13 MP primary camera and 2 MP secondary camera.
- Memory: 2GB RAM. It will ship with memory storage of 16/32/64 GB.
- Battery: 2600 mAh and it is a removable battery.
Galaxy S4 Unique Image and Video Features
- Dual Camera Mode: The phone has two cameras front and back. Dual Camera mode allows the user to take a photo with both cameras and mix them in.
- Drama Shot: More than a 100 shots in 4 seconds and can be used as a collage in a single frame.
- Eraser: Allows users to take photos and remove people in the background of the photo especially in a crowded place.
- Story Album: Users can create story album of photos and videos from a holiday. The unique part is users will be able to send hard copies of the album at a price.
I saw Samsung’s presentation’s webcast and it was pretty shoddy. It packed in too much information and mentioned feature after feature that really did not let what the phone could do sink in. But the Galaxy S IV is solid product and it will probably end up selling a lot more than Galaxy S III. The launch in New York was a sign of confidence by Samsung. It shows it is ready to face-off with the big names in the US (namely Apple).
The phone will be available in most countries by April.