While traveling or away from the internet, does the thought of missing any important email bothers you? Well, one way could be to get a high-end mobile handset, subscribe to GPRS and then configure an email client on your handset for getting emails updates. What if, you get an option to get alerts of your important incoming emails on your mobile through SMS? You could try the new tool from way2sms.com that helps you achieve the same.
The new email notification alert by Way2SMS helps you receive email alerts on your mobile through SMS without the need of GPRS. Once you activate this service you will never be away from your Inbox.
The service works for multiple Inboxes, be it Gmail or Yahoo. You even get options to configure the alerts e.g. you may not like to receive the SMS from 8 PM to 8 AM in the morning or you may not like to receive email notifications for an email by a particular friend who sends you 10 forwarded emails in a day.
- Login to way2sms.com
- Register your mobile number
- Verify your mobile number by entering the unique ID you will receive on your mobile through SMS
- Create an email address on way2sms e.g email@example.com
- Set rules in your Gmail or Yahoo account to forward all or selected emails to your unique way2sms email account
- Create email alert notifications for your email Inbox if way2sms
- Configure the alerts as per your time preference
- Set rules for exceptions, if you want
- The SMS notifications sent by the service are free of cost
- Multiple email accounts can be configured for the service even from the same service provider (e.g Gmail)
- You have the option to set exception rules and preferred timings for receiving SMS
- The main service of way2sms is to provide free SMS for India. The email notification alerts through SMS is just an add on tool
- The usability of the site is a bit shabby and you will struggle to get accustomed to it initially
- You need to login to the service within every 14 days to re-activate the alerts
- The registration and initial setup process is it lengthy
Said that, I still found this tool to be a good utility. Do not forget to share your experience with us.
How to forward emails from your Yahoo [India] Account?
Editor’s Update: As the article is old and possibly outdated we have discontinued comments on it. If you have any questions you can use our Support Forums.