Since Windows 8 supports touch-screen inputs, a screen capture software that works on say Windows 7 might not be suitable. I personally use Skitch for Windows, as it is free. Today, I tried out Windows Screen Capture Tool, which is a portable software that works on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Windows Screen Capture Tool Features
- Install the software from this download link (.zip file). It is portable and needs Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 on your computer.
- The Screen Capture tool is metro styled and allow a range of options from full-screen capture, area capture, adding a watermark and Window Capture
- There is support for keyboard short-cuts but with touch-screens for Windows 8, they might not be used as much.
- The software allows insertion of text based watermarks on images.
- The really nice feature of this software was that I found useful was that it could take screenshots with or without the cursor.
- The only downside of this screen-capture tool was that it does not have a time-lapse feature that takes a screen-capture after say five or ten seconds.
If you have a Windows 8/7 desktop and need a portable software that works with metro UI, then try this one out.
Download Link: Windows Screen Capture Tool