In this tutorial we are going to learn how to change the mood of an image. This is the easiest and yet a very attractive effect in Photoshop that can be achieved in a few easy steps
So lets play with color today!
Step1: Open any image of your choice.
Step 2: Make sure the image layer is selected. Next, go to Image > Adjustments > Hue/saturation. Set the Hue to 0, Saturation to -70, and lightness to 0
Step 3: Create a new layer.
Step 4: Now select the Rectangular Marquee Tool and draw rectangles as shown below and fill them with colors.
Step 5: Fill the complete picture. Refer the following image. (give darker shades.)
Step 6: Go to Filter> Blur> Gaussian Blur.
Step 7: Change the settings as shown below
Step 8: Change the blend mode to soft Light.
And now your Final image is ready. Do drop in your comments and suggestions!
In this tutorial lets see how to use photoshop to convert a photo into a pencil sketch masterpiece. There are numerous ways to do it in Photoshop, but i will show you the easiest way to get the best result.
So lets start with good a picture.
Step1: Duplicate the image layer.(Shortcut key Ctrl+J)
Step2: Make sure the duplicate layer is selected and go to Image > Adjustments > Desaturate. You can refer image below.
(Shortcut key Ctrl+ Shift +U)
This will make the photo Black and White.
Step3: Again duplicate the desaturated layer and then go to Image > Adjustments > invert.
Step4: Now change its blend mode to color dodge from layer panel option.
Step5: Here comes the final step go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur.
Adjust the settings as per your photo. I have given 2.7 pixels radius.
So here is the Final result. Check out pencil sketch below.
Hope you found this tutorial useful. Do drop in your view and ideas through your comments.
In this tutorial, we will see how to cause a text to follow a desired path. We always see texts displayed in a round shape or in the shape of waves. Often we see round rubber stamps or various logos designed in rounded text. To give a desired shape to the text, most of the times, Corel draw or Illustrator is used as a tool of choice. But what about photoshop? Here’s how you do it !
First draw the path of your choice. Select the pen tool(P) to create a path.
Now go to the options bar and select the settings as in the image below.
Draw a round shape on the layer.
Select the Type tool from the tool bar.
Now look at the text type cursor carefully. This is the regular cursor used for text.
Click closer to the rounded path and you can see the change in cursor. It means you can create text on the path.
After that click on the path and type the text as you want and get the result as below.
You can draw any type of shape using the pen tool. Below is an example of a curved line.
As you can see in the image below, I am going to remove the tree from the 1st image to make it look like the image on the right. It looks like a difficult task but anyone who knows Photoshop a little will be able to edit the image, in just 2 easy steps.
In the below image I am going to discard certain part from the image without affecting its beauty. It’s a simple tutorial you can do it easily.
- First take an image in Photoshop and duplicate the layer for backup.
- Select the part which you want to drain out from the image. You can use quick selection tool or Lasso tool to make selection, here I used the Lasso tool.
- Go to Edit menu select Fill(Edit –> Fill), you will get the following window pop up make sure Content-Aware is selected click OK.
- And its done, isn’t it a child’s play?
More Examples :
Do you like this tutorial? Please share your view through your comments.
In this step by step tutorial I am going to create a Supernova text effect using smudge tool and blending options.
Steps to create Supernova text effect :
- Create a file of 300 x 300 pixel.
- Fill it with black color.
- Make sure the default foreground and background colors are white and black.
- Select smudge tool.
- From file menu choose Window –> brush.
- On layer 1 you can add some noise if you want.
- Now create a new layer select it (Layer 2).
- Here this could be a difficult part, so first select smudge tool, click the mouse in the center then hold shift key and drag the mouse upwards finally you will get this kind of effect.
- (Note: first click then hold shift key and pull it up)
- Now go on repeating the above step until you get this.
- Now the same thing downwards.
- Select outer glow from the blending option.
- Change outer glow 1) color to #ae02c2 and 2)opacity to 100%
- Create a text layer and write your text on it.
- Now copy the layer style, to do so hold Alt key and drag the fx and drop it into the text layer(Devilsworkshop).
- Now select the gradient tool and fill it downwards.
- Final output looks like shown in the below image, you can also change the text later however we have used blending options.
You can add lens flare to it and change the font family to make it look better.
Do drop in your comments.
In today’s photoshop tutorial, we are going to learn about the Magic Eraser Tool (E) for removing the background image. In one of my older tutorials, I had explained how to remove background images with the Pen Tool (P).
The background image can be removed by selecting the Magic Eraser Tool (E) from the tool bar. It can be selected by right clicking the eraser tool and choosing the third option.
Next, click on the background of your image. You will see that the similar, solid coloured area gets erased.
With multiple clicks, one can erase similar coloured areas. Although this may not be the perfect way to remove the background, as it works only when the background image has similar, solid colour shades.
We can now add our own image as the background by dragging a new image into the edited image.
The background image can then be freely moved to the desired position. Next, in the layer palette tab, drag the background image layer below the edited image layer as shown below.
The edited image can then be moved as desired.
Try it out yourself and let me know your feedback through your comments
In this tutorial we are going to learn how to change clothing color in Photoshop. Its easy and fun
You can see the result in the image above.
Step 1 : Create a duplicate layer of the image (Press shortcut key Ctrl+J).
Step 2 : Select the ‘top’ by lasso tool or pen tool which ever you prefer, here I have used lasso tool.
Make sure your selection is proper as shown in the below image.
Step 3 : Now create new fill or adjustment layer option from layer control panel.
(Refer image below) and select Hue/saturation option.
Step 4 : Hue/saturation window will appear. Set the Hue at (-113), Saturation at (+7), Lightness at (-34) or you can play with the settings till you get your desired color.
Step 5 : Look for any holes or missing pieces. Hit Ctrl+click in the layer box.
Fill in as many holes as you can with the Brush Tool.
Make sure that the foreground color is white and background color is black.
Your Final image is now ready.
I hope you had fun doing this.
Do drop in your views and ideas through your comments.
Photoshop Actions is a series of task that you can save for reuse, it will perform the saved actions on just click of a play button.
In this tutorial I will show you 2 things, first how to use Actions to make the task simpler and second is using action how one can achieve soften skin effect in Photoshop. The following Action uses Gaussian blur to soothe the skin.
- First of all Download Photoshop Action file.
- Open the mentioned path at your computer(C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Presets\Actions).
- Create a new folder in preset say smooth-skin.
- Paste the above downloaded file into smooth-skin folder.
- Restart Photoshop.
- Go in Window menu click Action(Window –> Action).
- As you can see in the below image click on the top-right aero of the action panel to load actions.
- Set proper path for loading the action(C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Presets\Actions\smooth-skin).
- You can see the Action in the Action panel but do not apply it now.
- Duplicate the layer for comparison.
- Now the most important part, Select Selection tool and Click Add selection tool.
- And select eyes and lips as shown in the below image to keep it unsmudge.
- Select Layer –> Inverse (Cntrl + Shift + I) inverse selection so that Action is applied to the image except eyes and lips.
- Select Action and then Play it.
After you applied the Action it will look like as shown in the image below.
- Adjust radius as per your requirement, here I selected 0.9 px. You can increase the radius to make it smoother. And here is the final result.
Link : Download action file.
Do drop in your views through the comment.
In this tutorial, we are going to learn how to apply blending styles on simple text, for converting it into a glass effect using Photoshop.
- Create a new file of size 500 x 400 pixels, and select a background image similar to the image shown below, as it is more effective than solid or any other types of images.
- Now create a text layer, and write your text (Press shortcut key T to create a new text layer).
- You can select font size and font family of your choice, I have used Rockwell as a font family and set it to font-size 120px.
- As you can see in the image below, there is an option for blending in the layer palette. Select it to apply styles to your text.
- We will select 5 different styles to get the desired effect. Refer to the parameters exactly as shown in the 5 images below. We start with the Drop Shadow.
- Now set the Inner Glow style as shown in the image below.
- Set the parameters for Bevel and Emboss.
- Set Satin as shown in the image.
- Set Stroke of size 1, and set the color #959595.
- After applying the above blending styles, it should look something like this. Now you are just a step away.
- On reducing the fill value to ‘0’ from your layer palate you are done with the glass effect!
- As we have only applied blending styles to the text, we can change the text as desired.
Do drop in your comments.
You must have seen many animated .GIF images but had not idea on how to go about creating them. Here I am going to tell step by step how to go about creating an image with simple GIF animation.
In this tutorial we are going to use Blink Light Effect using Lens Flare Filter. As in the above image you can see it the original on the left hand side and make it look like the headlights were turned on.
- Lets first make a duplicate layer of the image. Right Click on the layer and you can see the Duplicate Layer option in the below palate. Or just Press Ctrl+J key. See the image below.
- After duplicating the layer just go to Filter > Render > Lens Flare
- Now we can see the Lens Flare palate box displayed on your screen.
- Set the Lens Flare on the car’s headlight.
- Set the Brightness value – 85%, keep on 105mm Prime. Click on “OK”.
- Now repeat this step with the left side headlight.
- Now we have created a light effect by using lends flare filter. Check the image below.
- Now to add animation effect to it.
- We have two layers. One is normal image and another is with the light effect.
- Just go to Window > Animation. You can see Animation Frames Pallet display on your screen. (Check image below)
- Here we see the frame 1 in the Animation Frames Pallet.
- Now to create the duplicate of frame 1.
- Just Click on this icon to Duplicate the frame.
- Select the first frame and go to the Layer Pallet and then hide the layer. See the red highlighted box in the image
- Now select the second frame and go to Layer Pallet
- Keep the selection on the above image layer. (Check the image below)
- We have two frames and now to set the time to display the frame.
- Set the Time Value – 0.5sec. for both images. (Check the image below)
- We can preview the Animation here. Just click the Play Button below the Frames Pallet.
- Save the file in GIF Animated format.
- Go to File > Save for Web & Devices (Alt+Shift_Ctrl+S). Click on it.
- Save for Web & Devices is displayed on the screen.
- Now select the GIF format here like shown in the image below. Select GIF and Save the file.
Hope you find this tutorial useful. If you know any easier methods or tips, do discuss them in your comments.