The latest Facebook virus via password reset e-mails
There’s a new virus on the net which is relating itself from the biggest social networking site Facebook. The virus known as Bredolab is actually spreading on the net by e-mails which sends a trojan file attached to an e-mail which looks like “Facebook Password Reset Confirmation” e-mail send officially by Facebook. Few months back facebook was under the attack of fake facebook pages which was used to get the private information like password username e.t.c from the users. Fortunately that was controlled by Facebook on time but in that case Orkut was not that lucky as Facebook. Few fake pages hacked thousands of Orkut profiles.
Few things to consider:
- Facebook never sends an attachment with ‘Password Reset’ e-mail.
- Always check the sender’s domain name, it should be from facebook
- Do not open any unknown mail doesn’t matter what it is.
- Beware of Bredolab virus everywhere on the net.
- Don’t open a mail with subject “Facebook Password Reset Confirmation” unless you have asked for a new password.
- To know more about virus please visit mxlab.
Body of E-Mail:
Hey vguysville ,
Because of the measures taken to provide safety to our clients, your password has been changed.
You can find your new password in attached document.
The Facebook Team