Day before yesterday, Wakoopa released a consolidated report for the first quarter of 2009 -totaling 525 million hours of software usage data, across over 200000 applications from 75,000 members.
Some of the key findings publicized includes:
- Facebook acts as an exception in Social networking sites. Facebook usage is steady throughout the day but on others, the usage tends to peak between 9 and 10 PM. Other web apps tend to peak between 4 and 5 PM.
- Twitter usage is on a bull trend and most of them use Twitter desktop client.
- Google Friend Connect showed large declines in usage in the first quarter.
- Google Chrome is capturing its market share very quickly, and it created a significant impact in browser market with 15% share.
- Firefox is unbeatable and it stood first among Wakoopa users. It also reveals people are using 7 times longer in Firefox than Internet explorer.
- Windows Live messenger is dominant across world between any age group.
- The e-mail peek checking time for weekdays and weekends is during 11am and 9pm respectively.