Samsung Releases Galaxy S III: Could it Rival the iPhone?
As I wrote in a previous post, Samsung was not going to release Galaxy Nexus in India. The reason was probably they were coming out with a new phone. Samsung has finally unveiled Galaxy S III phones in London at Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2012.
With Samsung being locked into to and fro patent lawsuits with Apple, it had to come out with a new really good phone that could compete well with iPhone 4s and iPhone 5 is released later this year.
Samsung Galaxy SIII Specs and Features
- The phone will have a very powerful 1.4 GHz quad core processor and 1 GB RAM.
- It will also come with 4.7 inch HD display screen and the camera will be 8 megapixel capable of recording at 1080p HD.
- The most interesting and unique feature seems to be how Galaxy S III front facing camera will be able to sense if the user is looking at the screen or not keeping the back-lit screen on automatically.
- The phone will be running on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and supports NFC for mobile payments.
- It also has something called S- voice which probably seems a lot similar to iPhone’s Siri.
I think the next few months will be interesting for Samsung as it settles patent cases with Apple and surges ahead with Galaxy SIII. This year might see Nokia and others released Windows 8 phones too and maybe a Google released a powerful Android phone from its newly acquired Motorola.
Would you buy Galaxy S III? Do drop in your comments.
Link: Samsung Mobile Press