After re-formatting our windows computer we get confused or many times forget to install some software applications which we need the most. Here I have complied a list of software which according to me are most widely used in our daily tasks. Although this list may change according to your use, I have listed the most widely used software.
- Drivers : You can install drivers from your motherboard CD or if you want latest drivers for your PC go to the official website of which the motherboard is and download the latest drivers and install them in your PC.
- Winrar : The most commonly used tool is Winrar. After installation of fresh copy of Windows, it is a must have tool.
- Anti Virus and Firewall : If you want a free antivirus product, I recommend using AVG 11 Free or Avast Home Edition. For a free firewall product, you can go with Commodo Firewall Pro.
- Download Manager : There are many download managers out there but one of my favorites is Free Download Manager, alternatively you can also go for Flashget.
- Tweaking Software : You must have a Windows tweaking application installed in your system. I use Tuneup Utilities 2009 and if you want a freeware I recommend you to use TweakNow PowerPack.
- Internet Browser : No doubt, Firefox still takes the first place. Although it is a personal choice when it comes to browsers. I personally like Chrome.
- Pdf Document Viewer : The most commonly used pdf viewer is Adobe Acrobat. If you want a light and easy to use reader than you can try Foxit.
Have I missed any application which you think should be included in the list? Please let me know through comments.