Everyone is quite good in using WordPress 3.0 custom menus. I am going to write about a hack. with which we can put an image inside the Menu. 🙂
Some basic information about menus :
- Theme Location : Shows where to place the menus.
- Instead of pages or categories we can also place a Custom Link with custom URL inside Menus.
- The main container area: Which has the actual Menu.
To place an image inside WordPress 3.0 menu, we will go for a Custom Menu. In the custom menu there are two options:
- URL :- Link of the menu
- Label: – What should be the label of the Menu.
See the Image below to add an image over the Menu: –
- Place your URL
- Place your complete image path
- Click on the Add to menu
After doing this , you will get the following screen:
After clicking on save menu refresh the web page, the final output is like this as seen below :
- Image through custom menu.
- WordPress default pages.
- You can see the image code inside the code.
Now you can see, that you have an image inside a menu or we can say you have an image over the menu. The main purpose to show you this example is that we can place an image inside a WordPress custom Menu. Basically this is a hack to place an image inside the Menus, but it can come handy in some other situations also. 🙂
If you have any other such hack do share it with me through your comments. 🙂