Everyone is quite good in using WordPress 3.0 custom menus. I am going to write about a hack. with which we can put an image inside the Menu.
Some basic information about menus :
- Theme Location : Shows where to place the menus.
- Instead of pages or categories we can also place a Custom Link with custom URL inside Menus.
- The main container area: Which has the actual Menu.
To place an image inside WordPress 3.0 menu, we will go for a Custom Menu. In the custom menu there are two options:
- URL :- Link of the menu
- Label: – What should be the label of the Menu.
See the Image below to add an image over the Menu: -
- Place your URL
- Place your complete image path
- Click on the Add to menu
After doing this , you will get the following screen:
After clicking on save menu refresh the web page, the final output is like this as seen below :
- Image through custom menu.
- WordPress default pages.
- You can see the image code inside the code.
Now you can see, that you have an image inside a menu or we can say you have an image over the menu. The main purpose to show you this example is that we can place an image inside a WordPress custom Menu. Basically this is a hack to place an image inside the Menus, but it can come handy in some other situations also.
If you have any other such hack do share it with me through your comments.