Facebook is well known for its hacking competition. If you have seen the movie ‘Social Network’, it showed how hacking match-offs would take place and the winner would be offered a job at Facebook.
Though I would not know if those stories are real or not, but Facebook does have a lot of respect for the hacking community. They show this respect by hosting an annual programming contest called the Hacker Cup.
Facebook Hacker Cup Details
- The competition starts on 25th January 2013. If you are interested in the competition, you can register at this link.
- Anyone from around the world can register for the competition but read the terms while registering.
- There will be a qualification round followed by 3 elimination rounds. All these rounds will be held online.
- Final Onsite round will be held at Facebook offices at Menlo Park, California, US.
- The 1st place winner will get a cash prize of $10,000 USD.
- The 2nd place winner gets $2000 USD and 3rd place winner gets $1000 USD.
- The prize of $100 USD will be given to programmers who come in from 4th to 25th.