Many a times our printer just won’t print and it happens all the time for me. My printer is of HP Deskjet series 3940 and the frequent problem I encounter in it is that it suddenly goes offline in the middle of printing. The Printer Offline Error is quite frustrating. Thankfully I have found a couple of solutions helpful and thought I will share them with you.
Check your Printer
- Make sure your printer is switched on.
- Ink cartridges are installed correctly(refilled cartridges may cause some problems ).
- See that the printer is not out of paper.
If you are still getting “Printer Offline Error” then there is a chance that there is a communication problem between your Printer and the computer. This is managed by the Spool service in Windows and we need to restart it.
How to Restart Printer Spool?
- Click on Start button and Click on Run.
- In the Run window type “services.msc” without the quotes. Press Enter.
- A services window will pop up, scroll down and find a service called Print Spooler.
- Click on it and two options (Stop / Restart the service) will appear on the left top corner.
- Click on ” Restart the service” or “Stop” and then ” Start” the service any one.
- The Printer Spooler will Restart and the frozen printing will resume.
This method should work 9 times out of 10 when you get the Printer Offline Error while using Windows and a HP Printer. Do drop in your comments any more quick tips to resolve this issue.