Microsoft Excel is equipped with so many great features that we don’t know about. You can easily add check boxes, options buttons, toggle buttons and many things which we don’t even know. Check boxes can be used to indicate an opposite and clear-cut choice. You can check more than one check box at a time in a data sheet to show the options.
In order to add check boxes in your data sheets, follow the simple steps below.
- Launch Microsoft Excel 2007. First of all, we have to add the Developer tab appear in Excel 2007. If it’s not enabled, click on the Office button.
- Then, go to Excel Options.
- In the Popular tab, check Show Developer tab in Ribbon checkbox and click OK.
- Now, it’s time to add the check boxes. Go to the Developer tab, click on Insert and under Form Controls, you will see a checkbox icon.
- Once you click the check box icon, you will see a plus sign pointer. Click where you want to add the checkbox.
- Now, right click on the control and go to Format Control
- Under Value, select the initial state of the check box. Whether you want to be checked, unchecked or mixed.
- In Cell Link, select the cell in which you want to show the status of checkbox and click Ok.
- Note one thing, when the checkbox is selected, the linked cell shows a TRUE value. On the other hand, if it’s cleared, it will show a FALSE value.
- Right click on the checkbox and click Edit Text to change the text of the check box.
- And you are done.
If you have any tips on Excel or Office tools do share with us through your comments.