HP is slated to release much awaited webOS tablets in early 2011 for the international market. Meanwhile, 2 weeks ago, HP announced a brand new all-in-one touchscreen desktop exclusively for the Indian market. It’s called the Dreamscreen 400 and it runs on Linux based OS. It was expected to hit the Indian market at 25th nov, but has not been reported to have reached the markets as of today. The price is set at Rs. 21,000 inclusive of taxes along with in-home delivery, setup and a tutorial for a limited time. HP’s main aim in creating a product for Indian families was to serve the kids, their parents and their grandparents sharing a household – sharing one device by keeping the interface and functionalities as simple as possible. Check out the official instructional video for the HP Dreamscreen.
For more instructional videos of the Dreamscreen 400, check out HP’s channel on YouTube.
HP has collaborated with India’s following leading content providers for Dreamscreen’s functionalities:
- Airtel and Tata Teleservices for Internet connectivity
- Apalya & Tata Communications for Live Darshan (Live telecast of India’s religious attractions.)
- Bill Desk for paying bills online
- Edurite (a Manipal K-12 Education brand) for education
- Hungama for music and movies,India Games for thrilling games
- Music Today for music, NDTV for News and Daily Astrology
- Yatra for booking Air and Train travel.
Tech specs from Pcworld:
- 250GB Hard drive
- 1.3 MP Camera
- 4 USB ports
- optical DVD writer
- SD Card slot
- microphone and headphone jack
- two 5W speakers built-in
- capable of playing 480p H.264 HD video
Link : Official Website of the HP Dreamscreen 400
Do drop in your comments, reviews and opinions below.