WordPress installation is not a big deal with any hosting server. If you have a hosting with hostgator then you can install WordPress in few easy steps.
Follow the steps below :
- Login to your Hostgator c-panel. If your Domain name is example.com, then your hostgator cpanel can be accessed at www.example.com/cpanel
- Scroll down with more menus, you will find Software/Services. Under that click on Fantastico De Luxe.
- After that you will move to next page, select WordPress from the left side menu.
- Then click on the New Installation link.(see image below)
- After that select the domain on which you want to install WordPress. You can also install WordPress into sub-folder. Read all the information of that page.
- Click on the Install WordPress button, before that cross check all the fields carefully.
- It will automatically create a database for WordPress and you will get all the info about WordPress installation.
- Add your email id on which you will receive all the information about the installation of WordPress.
That’s all about WordPress installation. Hope you find this article useful. Read more about WordPress on the How to use WordPress user guide.
Yup well said with fantastico its not difficult and i guess all hosting providers have fantastico in their cp
Do we have any tutorial here how to make installation of wp on our own pc like on redhat
and how to make it offline to users while updating and displaying a message we are updating
Can we do the same on hostgator installed wp site?Incase we wish to show we are updating message on hg installed wp
Sorry for late reply,
Yes, it is always an easy thing for people (specially for non-techies) to install WordPress with Fantastico.
Answers to your questions:
1. Installation of WP on PC, find it here : http://wpveda.com/wordpress-installation-linux-system/
2. Display some message while site is updating check this plugin: http://wpveda.com/make-your-own-coming-soon-page-for-website/
3. Yes you can do the same with Hostgator installed WP