In one of the previous posts, I have covered “6 Ways to customize chrome’s New-tab or Start page“. Some of you might be liking the default new tab page of Chrome and that’s why you may be refraining from installing those extensions. In browsers like Opera, we can make custom dials while this not the case with Chrome! This trick will help you to display custom dials on the New tab page.
Let’s get to work
- First, make sure you have closed Google chrome completely.
- Head on to this path in windows explorer – ” C:Documents and Settings(user)Local SettingsApplication DataGoogleChromeUser DataDefault” (make sure you enabled “show hidden files and folders” in folder options).
- In that folder, look up for a file named “Top sites”
- Delete that file and relaunch Google chrome
- Now, you will see a plain New tab page with just two dials, without closing that tab, visit all your favourite websites one by one (wait till the website loads completely).
- That’s it! Now you can enjoy your New tab page with custom dials!
So did this trick work for you? Stay tuned for more and do drop in your comments.