The latest WordPress version 3.0.2 is available now, and it is a mandatory security update for all previous WordPress versions. You can download it from the official site. It is advisable to update the latest version immediately. The latest stable release is available in two formats .zip and tar.gz, for more details you can visit the download page.
If you have no idea what to do with the download, you can sign up with one of the web hosting partners that offers a one click install of WordPress or getting a free account on WordPress.com.
Steps to Upgrade WordPress version to 3.0.2
As you can see in the below image there is an update option available click it to get updated with the latest version.
While having an upgrade it is always good to have a database backup first and then you have a choice to update WordPress automatically or you can download latest version.
Showing WordPress Update in progress.
WordPress is now Updated and ready you can visit the dashboard.
Here is your dashboard for updated WordPress 3.0.2
Though it is expected that WordPress 3.1 stable version will be released in early 2011, anyways it’s the time to download latest release.
List of fixes WorPress version 3.0.2
- Fix moderate security issue where a malicious Author-level user could gain further access to the site. (r16625)
Other bugs and security hardening:
- Remove pingback/trackback blogroll whitelisting feature as it can easily be abused. (#13887)
- Fix canonical redirection for permalinks containing %category% with nested categories and paging. (#13471)
- Fix occasional irrelevant error messages on plugin activation. (#15062)
- Minor XSS fixes in request_filesystem_credentials() and when deleting a plugin. (r16367, r16373)
- Clarify the license in the readme (r15534)
- Multisite: Fix the delete_user meta capability (r15562)
- Multisite: Force current_user_can_for_blog() to run map_meta_cap() even for super admins (#15122)
- Multisite: Fix ms-files.php content type headers when requesting a URL with a query string (#14450)
- Multisite: Fix the usage of the SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL constant for upgraded WordPress MU installs (#14536)
You can find more details about Revised files on WordPress.org
Explore latest WordPress version 3.0.2 and share it through your comments.
Link: WordPress 3.0.2
If i update my blog to the new version, will the blog look turn eccentric…I hope you get what I mean like some themes do not work with the latest version…will the same happen to my blog. I have added my blog name in the website column of commenting..!!
However its a stable version it should not affect your theme so dont worry, but it is better anytime that you ask once to your theme author 🙂