Voice search is a Google Chrome extension that provides a method to search by speaking. Nowadays most of the smart phones have the ability to accept voice commands and perform actions and this experimental add-on will allow us to search by speaking out the words we want to search on the internet.This is a really amazing add-on and goes on to show the capabilities built into Google Chrome.
How to use it:
- If you want to search for “cats” just click on the microphone and say “cats”. If you want pictures of cat say “google images cats”.
Features and requirements:
It comes preloaded with the following services :
- Google, Wikipedia, YouTube, Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo and Wolfram|Alpha.
- We can also add our own custom search engines.
- It also integrates a speech input button for all websites using HTML5 search boxes like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Github.
- Requires a microphone.
- Speech input is experimental and hence speech recognition is not perfect.