Samsung unveils Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy Camera and Windows 8 Phone
Samsung might have had its confidence a little dented after losing to Apple over the patent case, but nothing puts behind a bad week like announcing new products. Samsung has done just that by announcing some interesting gadgets at the IFA event in Berlin, Germany.
Samsung Galaxy Camera
Samsung might be one of Apple’s big competitor but it seems they have not forgotten Sony either. Galaxy Camera is a digital camera which allows sharing photos and videos online with Wi-Fi. It can also share with other Wi-Fi devices nearby.
- Operating System: Android 4.1 (Jellybeans)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi
- Camera: 16 MP camera capable of taking video at 120 frames per second.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
The Galaxy Note 2 was expected for while now. The rumours about it are pretty much true. The phone is unique in the sense it is a lot bigger than Galaxy S III and is expected to be a bridge between a phone and tablet.
- The phone will run on Android 4.1 (Jellybean). It will have a 1.6 GHz quad-core processor.
- Note 2 is unique in the sense it allows stylus pen device. The S-pen functions are expected to be a lot improved from its predecessor Galaxy Note.
- Galaxy Note 2 will be available in 16, 32 and 64GB versions.
Samsung ATIV S (First Windows 8 Phone)
Samsung ATIV S, is the first Windows 8 phone. It is incredible that even with Nokia’s close relationship with Microsoft, Samsung is the company that has unveiled the first phone running on Windows 8.
- The phone is expected to have dual core processor. The memory will be expandable upto 64 GB.
- The phone will also support NFC, which is available more frequently with Google’s Nexus phones.
- It will be shipped with MS Office apps and surely it will leverage SkyDrive for online storage.
- The camera on this phone is a 5 MP back backer while front facing camera is 1.9 Megapixel.