Facebook had announced earlier that they were about to redesign the ‘New feed’ on its website. Facebook has announced a new ‘news feed’ experience on web, iPhone/iPad and Android platforms. The new design is touted as a clutter free experience. The focus now is more on having icons and also larger images and clarity of the feed.
I have not yet got this new design activated for my Facebook account but looking at the screenshots, I think Facebook’s feed seem to be liberally inspired by Google+. Especially how Google+ shows up feeds on mobile and tablet platforms.
The iPhone/iPad and Android update will be released over the next few days/week (Facebook can be notoriously quick or slow with changes) but you need to get onto a wait list for the new design.
Just visit the following link https://www.facebook.com/about/newsfeed and click on Join Waiting List button.
It will be interesting to see the subtle differences how Facebook shows Sponsored updates and advertisements. Hopefully it will be more relevant and less spammy than it is at the moment.
Just two days back, Facebook launched it’s new ‘News Feed’ consisting of a ‘Live Feed’ too but just as most of the previous changes in Facebook’s design, this is not liked by most of the Facebook users too. That’s why many Facebook users are protesting against it and the word ‘many’ here represents 500,000 Facebook users who just joined the group PLEASE GIVE US OUR OLD NEWS FEED BACK! within two days and this group is still expanding. Earlier it was the Facebook’s new theme which wasn’t liked by the users.
Why people hates new Facebook ‘News Feed’?
People are tweeting, updating facebook statuses, joining groups, making pages against the neww feed….But the thing comes here is why people hate this new ‘News Feed’. We have few answers:
- The confusing News Feed and Live Feed, users are still not getting what it is and this new feature makes Facebook even more confusing. (Solution: what is the difference between news feed and live feed in facebook)
- Live feed is not that much live, people are still getting older updates on their ‘Live Feed’ which makes it uninteresting.
- Flooded ‘Live Feed’, as ‘Live Feed’ is now showing even a single update of your friends, it seems like someone is spamming the Facebook’s feed using an automated computer.
- Dull ‘News Feed’, the other option rather ‘Live Feed’ is your ‘News Feed’ which is quite boring now as it shows only that updates which were liked or commented by somebody else. That’s why it got hardly updated and we see only 2-3 average new posts per hour.
- Facebook is still not 100% up, as facebook was under maintenance for most of the users and for some it’s still under maintenance, people aren’t able to see the new ‘News Feed’ properly.
So what do you think about the new news feed????
(image via PLEASE GIVE US OUR OLD NEWS FEED BACK!)