If you’re a blogger or just a computer fanboy (like me!), most possibly your suffering from eye,neck and many other body-part aches, fighting obesity and well, just plain lazy. Those long hours of surfing, yup. Of course this is not healthy in any way. Here are 10 tips that I follow regularly and what-do-ya-know, feeling quite great now, read on.So getting straight to our points:
- Take a break every 60-90 minutes and look away from your computer screen.
- If your adamant on staying on your computer for longer durations of time, decrease your monitor’s brightness.
- Eat Healthy – Avoid junk food the most you can.
- Take the stairs to your home or office, instead of the elevator (5 floors by stairs and the rest via elevator would be a good start)
- Quite possibly, the area of the body most affected would be the neck. Perform simple neck exercises (for eg. head roll exercise – google it!)
- If you’re a hardcore blogger, you’d most possible have a seething backache. You could do some exercise for this as well.
- Use a chair that is comfortable and that has the right height. And so also for other accessories like your keyboard and mouse. (image credit: medicinenet.com)
- If possible, join a gym and exercise there regularly.
- Avoid any sort of addictions to alcohol/smoking. A stationary lifestyle coupled with such addictions is a perfect recipe for disaster.
- Listen to soothing music or play flash games. Better yet meet up with your friends and interact with them (offline, not on Facebook!) Take your mind off and release the stress!
If not all of them, at least try to follow some of the tips given above. I’ve got just one statement to say, ‘Health Is Wealth.’
Really life saving tips Richie. Thanks for sharing !!
I’ll try to follow these tips regularly. These are essential for every blogger.
good post,i do much of them to save myself from different aches..
This tips are awesome. Especially for someone like me that is a full time blogger, and I’ve had really bad back aches recently. I come back to this page so that I can decide how I am going to plan my day. All of these tips within 2 weeks I felt a major difference in my over all feeling. Thank you so much.