Today, Amazon launched the much awaited, new and improved Kindle DX. Kindle DX has been designed especially to make the experience of reading newspapers, magazines and documents easy. In an earlier post on Devils Workshop, I had written about Amazon Kindles and how the launch of bigger, better ones will create a buzz in the market. Finally, it’s here.
Kindle DX – Some new features:
- This time the Kindle is designed to be 250% bigger (9.7 inch screen) than the recently-announced Kindle 2 gadget .
- Now you don’t have to scroll, pan or zoom. Just read.
- It has a built-in PDF document reader.
To view the Kindle DX gallery, click here
The new Kindle costs $489 and will be released this summer.
Deals announced by Amazon:
- Deals announced with three leading textbook publishers to put their content on the e-reader.
- Deals announced with the New York Times, Washington Post and Boston Globe to put their editorial on the device.
(Image Credits: engadget)