After launching new phones in bold and torch series Blackberry updated its Curve series by adding a new phone to it. RIM just launched BlackBerry Curve 9360 in India which is a 3G phone with HSDPA. Unlike other phones in this series 9360 is a higher end phone with price comparable to its Bold 3. This device has an 800 Mhz processor with 512MB Ram, a 5 MP Camera with VGA video recording, GPS, bluetooth and Wi-Fi. This phone runs on BlackBerry 7.0 OS which is the latest one. Let’s have a detailed look at the specifications.
Specifications and Features:
- CAMERA: 5MP with flash and VGA video recording, Face Detection, Geo-Tagging and Image stabilization. As usual no front camera is there.
- MEMORY: 512MB of RAM and 512MB for application storage. A SD memory card slot expandable up to 32GB.
- SCREEN: 2.44″ and 480×360 pixels LCD screen with 246ppi.
- BATTERY: Lithium ion. Talktime up to 5 hours and standby time up to 14 days for a GSM network. 25 hours of Music and 6 hours of Video playback.
- 3G network with 7.2Mbps HSDPA
- Quad-Band: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks
- Tri-Band UMTS networks: (800 / 850) / 1900 / 2100 MHz or 900 / 1700 / 2100 MHz UMTS
- Bluetooth: 2.1+EDR
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n enabled.
- Operating System: 7.0 Blackberry OS
- GPS: Integrated GPS with A-GPS
Price and Verdict:
Blackberry launched curve 9360 at a price of 19,990 INR. The BlackBerry curve seems to be a good and a value for money phone. The features are good and everything is there except the front camera for video calling which is not available in any phone by BlackBerry in India. If you are planning to buy a BlackBerry you should definitely check this out.
What do you think about this phone? Don’t forget to tell us your reviews, drop a comment below.