People these days are so much involved with social media that sometimes they just put themselves in danger. Here are some of the points one should always keep in mind while updating the status on Facebook.
- Holiday: If you are going for a holiday and leaving home, it is not advisable to update the status message like that. You never know who is keeping an eye on you. Such updates can lead to robbery also.
- Birthday year: Generally these dates are used as a password by many people, either change the way you create a password or just stop giving this information publicly.
- Home address and phone numbers: I know you do want to stay in touch with friends and all but please do you want it to be used incorrectly at all?
- Personal Status updates: Personal status updates are a strict no no. I know how much you want to tell whats going on in your life but ever imagined the day you had a terrible day in office and updated something really harsh about your boss and he reads the update? 🙂 I can’t even imagine that. Well you can choose to update it all but do not forget to tweak your privacy settings.
- Rude jokes or comments: You may have a weird sense of humor but you cannot expect everyone to have it. Things like this can lead to fights or misunderstandings that may take time to recover.
Use Facebook as a place to interact with friends or new people in your network or find a job or to know about people, not to put your self or others in danger by status updates. Do not scare people with a lot of updates and all. Well, everything has a good and bad side of it. What do you think? Drop in your views through the comments below.