A few months back, Amazon announced ‘Guaranteed one-day delivery’ service and Flipkart followed suite with ‘In-a-day delivery’ service And now, here are Snapdeal and Tradus with the same.
Snapdeal’s Express Delivery and Tradus’s same day delivery services are special. They are offered for free while Flipkart and Amazon offer for additional charges.
Here’s how the e-commerce giants differ in one-day delivery services :
- Flipkart – 90 INR per item.
- Amazon – 99 per order for one-day delivery option and 79 per order for two-days delivery option.
- Snapdeal – Free
- Tradus – Free
Obviously, Snapdeal’s and Tradus’ free one-day delivery service is only for a limited time. They’ll start charging additional bucks soon.
- Flipkart – Offers in 13 cities for. Pune, Hyderabad, Delhi, Noida, Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Ghazidabad, Faridabad, Kolkata, Ahmedabad and Nagpur. Will expand to other cities soon.
- Amazon – Offers in selected pincodes. The cities include Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Pune.
- Snapdeal – Offers in Delhi and Gurgaon for now.
- Tradus – Offers in Delhi and NCR for now. Other cities to join the list soon.
- Flipkart – All products on Flipkart are eligible for In-a-day delivery service.
- Amazon – All Fulfilled by Amazon products are eligible. No minimum purchase.
- Snapdeal – As of now, only some products are eligible for this delivery option and such products are marked with an yellow tag on the website.
- Tradus – Only on mobiles and tablets.
- Flipkart – You’ll have to place the order before 6 pm to receive the product the next day.
- Amazon – Cut-off time is till midnight for Mumbai and Pune. The cut-off time is 3 pm for other pincodes.
- Snapdeal – You’ll have to place the order before 1 pm.
- Tradus – No reports on that.
- Flipkart – Flipkart has it’s own logistics operation. So, it’s easy for Flipkart to ship the brought immediately.
- Amazon – Amazon’s recently tied-up with India Post and guaranteed one-day delivery works well for Amazon too.
- Snapdeal – Uses third party logistics to ship the product.
- Tradus – Uses third party logistics to ship the product.
Snapdeal and Tradus are in a tough position because they’ll have to work a lot in the back-end with the third party logistics partners to make the delivery on time.
- Flipkart – All payment options are available, including cash on delivery (COD)
- Amazon – All payment options are available, including COD.
- Snapdeal – No reports on payment modes. But, my guess is that all payment options should be available.
- Tradus – All payment options are available, including COD.
- Flipkart – For COD, additional delivery charge will be collected as per the order, but will be refunded to your Flipkart wallet.
- Amazon – Automatic refund of the shipping charges if the product is not delivered as promised.
- Tradus – No reports on refunds.
So, what do you think about Snapdeal’s and Tradus’ one-day delivery services. Will you use it?