Facebook developers are always planning to give you a more secure and safe way of social networking. Now Facebook has come up with a one time password feature. When you log in to cyber cafe’s or to a place or computer not known you can get a one time password and use it.
How to get a one time password?
- Simply send a message “otp” to 32665 on your mobile phone.
- You will immediately receive a password that can be used only once which expires in 20 minutes.
- In order to use this feature, you will need a mobile phone number in your account.
Other Security updates
- Your ability to sign out remotely has been improved.
- Just go to your Account Settings, under account security you can see the active or inactive sessions. Suppose you have logged into your account from home and forgot to sign off and now you are logged in from office. In such cases you can ‘End the Session’, if you want. You can check if you’re still logged in on other devices and remotely log out.
- You can now change the security information anytime you want. Just go here and change.
Who need to use it?
Anybody who uses Facebook and logs in to his/her account from different places that is home, cyber café or your friend’s computer.
Just a point to remember when you choose to save your phone number in your account do not forget to make it visible only to your friends or only to yourself, as you wish. We can suggest you the best privacy settings for your Facebook account.
You can update your security information any time from this page. Just make use of these security updates and stay protected. Do you think these features will make you have a secure social networking? Share your views through the comments below.