Recently Orkut started showing security tips like above on scrapbook pages. Considering large no. of users Orkut have and most of them are not computer geeks, this is good move I must say!
The reason for writing this is if you are not so much into computers or for some other reasons these tricks confuses you, please feel free to ask for help/explanation here. I guess we will be fast at replying compare to Orkut support team.
By the way if you are also concern about these security tips, then you may want to read them all together. Unfortunately Orkut as of now have no page covering all security tips. In fact they should create such a page and provide link to it saying more or read more. (like in following screenshot)
Anyway we will try to enlist them here. If you find any new tip please let us know so we can upgrade this list!
- Never check “remember me” when you’re on a shared computer.
- Scan your computer regularly for viruses, spyware, and adware.
- Don’t click on links in emails that claim to be from Orkut or Gmail.
- Never paste a URL or script into your browser while logged into Orkut.com, no matter what it claims to do.
- Never enter your Google Account login and password on sites other than orkut.com and other Google properties.
Happy & Safe Orkutting! 🙂