Google’s got something new in their labs yet again. This time it’s a cool feature that adds the Google search box right in your Gmail inbox. A sigh of relief! This could make life online so much more simpler!
Wonder what took them so long to come up with this?
Now, there is no need to leave your inbox to search for something online while chatting or writing an email, toggle between windows, and waste time.
How does this feature work?
- Type your search and begin searching.
- Your search results will display in something that appears to be a bigger version of a chat window, at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on the search results to read more (which will open in a new tab).
- Once you’ve found what you want, hover your mouse over the search result back in your Gmail window and you will see a pull-down menu with some options like:
– Send result while your composing email
– Reply result while chatting with someone
Enabling the feature
Just follow some simple steps below:
- Login to your Gmail account
- Go to the Labs tab under Settings
- Scroll down to turn on the ‘Google Search’
- Hit ‘Save Changes’ button
Problem solved! Try it out.
(Source: Gmail blog)