I am not sure if you have ever used the Extra options that you get with Google Search results. If you have not? Just type in whatever you want to search and when you get the search results list click on the ‘Show Options’ link above all the results just like its shown in the pic below.
Show Options is circled in Red.
- Now the Options list will be displayed to the left of the screen. You will see the Anytime Links categorized as Recent results, Past 24 Hours, Past Week and so on.
- Click on Past Week and the search results change showing you the results since the past one week.
- There is obviously no option to select results from lets say the past 2 minutes or 20 seconds. For that you need to pay attentions to the address bar 😉
- When you click on Past Week the address bar will change with a URL which ends with “qdr:w”
- ‘w’ stands for a week and change the ‘w’ to ‘n’ which stands minutes (‘s’ stands for seconds) so the last part of the URL should read as “qdr:n2” and press enter.
- You will see the results for the past 2 seconds. Check the image below where it shows the Google page displaying results from 2 minutes which was not an option available before.
This is great way to study how Google updates links to its servers by the minute or even by the second. This is not a time-line for the date of publishing of the page but since the time Google has added it.
Links: Google Blog