Nearby Social is a fun service that can put your online social networks from Facebook in the real world! With Nearby Social, get ready to see, meet and communicate with people “nearby”!
Things you could do with Nearby Social
A good starting point to strike a conversation. If the other person is into new encounters, then you can view their public social network info and see whether it matches your taste.
Apart form seeing the profiles of the other people around you, you could also see whether you have mutual friends. Also, the kinds of activities the person is into. You never know, if interests match, it could even lead to… hmm…friendship.
You could even get to meet a potential partner or a company person within close proximity. If things click, who knows you could be doing business together.
- It seamlessly integrates with Facebook profiles of all nearby people using Nearby Social.
- Nearby Social makes use of the WiFi technology to hook you up with Facebook people who are in close proximity.
- It sends notifications of people nearby you
- It provides historical stats on people you see in different locations and at different times
- It has no spyware, malware or anything to hinder your privacy
- It’s absolutely free and easy to install
- In the near future, you might see other social networks added to the list like MySpace, Orkut, and Hi5, etc.
How to get started?
- There is no need for a registration or sign-up.
- All you have to do is:
- Download a tiny Windows application that will show you notifications on nearby people.
- Install the Facebook Application to get a grip of your historical encounters.
Go, discover! 🙂