Facebook Connect allow users to “connect” their Facebook identity, friends and, privacy to any website. Facebook connect is finally on Digg too. It will now allow over 200 million Facebook users to login and start Digging and commenting instantly.
In addition to making it easier to log into Digg, Facebook Connect also allows you to use your name and profile photo from your Facebook account on Digg and to easily share with your friends by posting your Diggs, comments, and submissions to your Facebook feed.
- Get access to Digg friends features
- Choose to automatically follow your Facebook friends
- Invite your friends to Digg
- You’ll always have complete control over your information.
- Whenever you Digg, comment, or submit, you’ll see a dialog window asking you whether you want to share that info with your Facebook friends.
- Sharing your activity isn’t currently automatic, so this setting allows you to publish only the actions you want to share. Eventually, there will be an option for you to publish all of your Digg activity if you wish to avoid the prompt.
- All of your preferences and privacy settings can be managed from the settings page in your profile.
- Should you ever choose to disable Facebook Connect, all personal information will be removed from the Digg site.
This seems to be an important step for both the companies. For Digg, it means a lot more exposure on Facebook. For Facebook, it means a huge new partner for Connect, which could become an identity standard for users across the Web.