Today world over, mobile phones have become one of the most convenient ways to login to Orkut to check scraps, view photos and read the latest updates. Looking at this trend, Orkut has now come up with a mobile application offering Orkut’s core functionality to users wherever they happen to be.
With the beta launch of Orkut’s Mobile application, you can make your Orkut account as mobile as you are.
More about Orkut’s Mobile Application
Orkut’s Mobile Application is a downloadable application for Java-enabled phones like:
- Nokia N95
- Nokia 6300
- Sony Ericsson W580i, etc.
The application is currently available in English and Portuguese only.
Things to try
- Upload your photos to Orkut on-the-go, directly from your phone.
- View scraps, friends’ updates, and photo albums while you’re offline.
- Share your Orkut albums with all of your friends whether they use Orkut or not (via SMS).
- Easily call or SMS your Orkut friends and address book contacts from within the app.
- Get automatic updates when your friends change their contact information or Orkut profiles.
- Go to m.google.com/orkut from your mobile phone’s browser.
- Sign-in with your Orkut account or create a new account.
- Click to install the Orkut mobile app.
- Start using the application… simple! As long as you have Java enabled phone and a data plan, you should be all set.
Click here for more details.
How much does it cost?
The application is free to download and use, however, your phone provider’s regular data charges will apply, so you might want to check that out first.
I think this is totally awesome. If you get a chance to play around with its feature, do share your experience with us here.
Link: Orkut mobile