All computer students and programming geeks might like to look up CodeChef and maybe even take part in a competition they have for programmers. 😉
CodeChef hosts competitions for programmers with cash prizes for people residing in India and the US. Currently they have two upcoming contests the CodeChef Campus SnackDown on November 21st and another one called CodeChef December Challenge which is from Dec 1st to Dec 11th. Registration for SnackDown contest is already over but you can still look up the contest at the CodeChef website.
- First prize winner for winner from India is Rs 22,000/- and for the US is $440/-.
- CodeChef’s December challenge will consist of 6-8 problems of varying difficulty.
- The contest website has problems visible on the website on 1st December, 15.00 IST.
- Visit CodeChef website for registering your entry.
- If you solve the problem you get one point regardless of the level of difficulty.
- You can submit your solutions as many times as you would like as there are no penalties for incorrect submissions.
Code Chef is a competition started by Directi as a way to engage the developer community and give them a forum. CodeChef hosts monthly online competitions for programmers in 35 programming languages. The winner gets a prize and also recognition. The winner is also then eligable to take part in CodeChef Cup which is a live event held yearly. 🙂