With a declared talk-time battery of upto 14 hours, Samsung in its recent launch “Wave 533” aka “Wave 2 Pro” has used Bada as the Operating system. The phone is a slider keyboard phone with touchscreen feature.
Let me clarify one thing here itself that Wave 533 does not support 3G network unlike mentioned on many websites including Naaptol on the web. I inquired about this myself from The Mobile Store located in Pune and even they confirmed this. The video below will clarify that there is NO 3G network supported by Wave 533.
- Weight: 100 grams
- GSM and EDGE Band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, CDMA Band, TD-SCDMA Band
- 3.2 inch TFT, Internal Resolution 240×400
- 1200 mAh Battery, Standby battery up to 1090 hours
- 3.2 MP Digital Camera with 2x Optical Zoom and Video Recording
- Music Player included, can play MP3 Ringtones with 3D sound effects
- JAVA games, Document Viewer, Mobile Printing, Offline Mode, Voice Memo & Voice Mail
- SMS / MMS, Instant Messaging, vCard
- Bluetooth, WAP, USB, Assisted GPS, PC Sync Application, Internet HTML Browser, Wi-Fi 802.11n
- User Memory 100MB, SMS Memory upto 1300, Phone Book Entries almost Unlimited, External Memory microSD (up to 16GB)
- Speakerphone enabled, Touch Phone and Mobile Tracker
The following places where I inquired about the current price:
Alko Telematics & Computics: Rs. 8500
The Mobile Store, Pune: Rs. 8839
Want to get a clear picture of what specifications and features the mobile offers? Visit the Official Link given below and do drop in your comments about how does it affects users when websites start publishing even wrong details!
Link: Official Samsung Website
The phone sucks as compared to the other phones available in the market at this price. I got it in October for around 10.1k, but I realized it was one of the my biggest mistake. Why did I go for Bada when I could have got an Android phone *Galaxy, Andro* with even more cool features and 3G.
I just threw it last month and got a GALAXY 3.
Please tell more about Bada OS in comparison to Android OS as you have used both. This will benefit readers to chose their Mobile OS.