From all the keys in our keyboard, not many users use the Caps Lock key as much. Hence, why not convert that into a much more useful key? With a application called SharpKeys we can do exactly that. For example, I have mapped the Caps Lock key into a Google Search key. So next time I want to use Google search, I simple click on the caps lock key.
- Download SharpKeys from the CodePlex and install it.
- Click “Add” to start the remapping. For the “FROM” key choose “Special:Caps Lock(00_3A)”
- For the “TO” key, choose “Function: F10(00_44)”. We map it with F10 because this key is not exactly used a lot.
- A message will be displayed of the successful change.
- Restart your computer. Now you can check out that the caps lock key does not work anymore.
- In your desktop, right-click and select New >> Shortcut.
- Enter the location of new shortcut.
- Choose a name for your shortcut. The name does not matter in the actual process.
- A new icon will be created in your desktop. Right-click and select “Properties”.
- Type F10 in Shortcut Key box, click “Apply” and then “OK”.
Press the caps lock key and Google search will open. The caps lock key is no more used. The majority of the users do not really use that key and so turning this into a more useful key will help with productivity.
Do try it out and drop in your comments!
this is really good one to try out. simply pressing capslock key to google search. thanks.
Thanks a lot!