A recent study done by comScore found out that across the world, Russia has the most engaged social networking audience, with visitors spending 6.6 hours and viewing 1,307 pages per visitor per month.
In May 2009, worldwide, some 1.1 billion people (age 15 and older) access the Internet, either from their home or office. Out of those 1.1 billion people, 734.2 million (65 % of the world’s Web audience) visited at least one social networking site during the month, making it two-thirds of the global Internet users who access social networking sites.
Highlights from the report (Top 5):
- Among the 40 individual countries, the Russian social networking audience had the highest engagement with an average of 6.6 hours and 1,307 pages consumed per visitor.
- Brazil ranked next at 6.3 hours
- At number three stood Canada at 5.6 hours
- At number four came Puerto Rico at 5.3 hours
- At the fifth position was Spain at 5.3 hours
Top 20 engaged social networking countries
Here is the list:
|Rank||Country||Average Hours per Visitor||Average Pages per Visitor|
“Social networking has become a popular online pastime,” says Mike Read, SVP & managing director, comScore Europe. With the growing popularity of social networking sites in these countries, here is an opportunity for advertisers and marketers to make the most of this medium and reach the desired audience.
(Source: comScore press release)
India is not in list. i think internet is not reach of millions of peoples. plus it is good, not spend hour on social networking.
What I find amazing is that the UK beats the US.
I want to be a member of your association