According to the recent comScore monthly analysis of US Web activity at the top online properties for June 2009, online visitation to travel sites shot up as people in the US started to plan and prepare for their summer holidays. Because of the end of school year, there was an increase of interest in gaming sites. With new college graduates entering the job market, career and development sites also saw strong growth.
- Google Sites continued to lead as the most visited sites in June with nearly 157 million visitors
- At the second position were Yahoo Sites with 154 million visitors
- At the third spot were Microsoft Sites with 127.4 million visitors.
- Facebook.com moved up two positions to rank at the 6th spot marking its highest-ever ranking.
- The Mozilla Organization jumped 13 spots to #28 with nearly 27 million visitors, due to the release of Firefox 3.5 which includes numerous new and improved features.
- June also represented Twitter.com’s debut in the ranking of the top 50 properties, coming in at #46 with 20.1 million visitors.
List of Top 50 Online Destinations