Many of my friends are fans of Revo Uninstaller; it’s nice but not perfect. The other day I was searching for a good alternative to Revo Uninstaller and here it is, IObit Uninstaller. I’m not a fan of IObit products but this one is worth a trial.
Note: Below is the comparison of IObit Uninstaller and free version of Revo Uninstaller, not the paid one.
IObit Uninstaller is better than Revo Uninstaller in…
IObit Uninstaller is a lot polished in terms of features, below are some its features which are not present in Revo Uninstaller.
- Portability: IObit Uninstaller doesn’t need installation, just run the downloaded file and start uninstalling!
- Bulk Uninstall: This is a real time saver, especially for a blogger like me who installs tons of programs.
- Uninstalling Toolbars: Freewares are often packed with toolbars like Ask Toolbar, Brothersoft Toolbar etc. These are of no use; they just eat the space of browser’s window. IObit Uninstaller lists all the installed toolbars separately and you can uninstall them like any other program.
- Programs Classification: IObit Uninstaller classifies the installed programs into 4 categories: Toolbars, Recently Installed, Large Programs and Rarely Used. With this, you can easily know which program you need to uninstall and which you shouldn’t.
- Just What You Want: Revo Uninstaller is packed with some unnecessary tools, for example, Autorun Manager. On the other hand, IObit Uninstaller does just what it promises, no more clutter.
IObit Uninstaller needs improvement in…
Apart from the Hunter mode, the IObit Uninstaller has all the features that are present in Revo Uninstaller.
- Hunter/Drag and Drop Mode: This is useful when the program you want to uninstall is not listed in the programs list. In Revo Uninstaller, just drag the program’s shortcut into the icon and select Uninstall from the menu.
IObit Uninstaller is completely free, while Revo Uninstaller does have a paid version. Both the programs support Windows.
Link: IObit Uninstaller
Which one do you like? Revo Uninstaller or IObit Uninstaller?