Creating a wedding website is no more a fad these days, it is a must have. Creating a website for your wedding is the most efficient, easy and fun way to announce your wedding and communicate all the wedding details to your guests. This also ensures that your wedding guests can plan their visit well in advance.
You can make some really interactive sites where your friends and family can read about your stories, send guest book messages, view slide shows and participate in your wedding, even before it actually starts.
There are various web services that provide easy to build templates for wedding websites. But the service which we are going to talk about today provides a complete solution, including some really handy time-saving tools. The service is called webvivah and is tailor made for the Indian weddings.
- Sub domains on the webvivah are available for free while full personal domains are available through an easy to use user interface.
- Unlimited Free SMS: An option to purchase unlimited SMS, seamlessly integrated into the service is available for premium customers.
- Guestbook: To allow your guests to leave personal messages or wishes
- Flash Intro: To allow you to create an introduction about you and your better half
- RSVP management tool: To help you manage your confirmed guest list
- Polling: To help you create various polls on seeking advice on various topics from your friends
- Quiz: Using this tool you can create a fun quizzes about your own wedding that can help increase participation from your friends or guests
- Photo Storage: To share pictures of the wedding ceremony describing each ritual, making it more interesting for everybody who was part of the ceremony or not.
- Password Protection: You can password protect your complete website or part of it using very easy tools.
- Movies & Music: To add various movies or music clips for your guests to enjoy.
- Vendors: You may share the vendor details using this tool which will help your friends.
Other features / tools:
Our stories, bridal party, friends & family, ceremony, reception, directions, seating plan, thank you’s, gift registry, local accommodation, local attractions, honeymoon, events calendar, mailing list, downloads, contact us, etc.
The services are available in two packages – one, which is free with limited features, and the other that costs around INR 2,500 or USD 49.
There are interesting articles on wedding tips and advices, wedding traditions, wedding gifts, wedding planning, finding the vendors, etc.
All in all, this is not just a tool to create simple web pages for the wedding invitations but also your complete wedding planner in itself.
I still have time before I use it 😉
hmmm… looks total IT age where..we date on intenet and marry to online with girl of your choice.
interesting post swati.
yeah agree with rahul.