ZipGenius lets you compress files to almost any kind of archive. It supports more than 20 compressed archive formats, including CD/DVD-ROM image files, RAR, ARJ, ACE, CAB, SQX, OpenOffice.org documents and 7-zip. It can also pre-compress executable files going to be added to a ZIP archive.
The download is in the form of an .exe file. Click on the file to start the basic installer, and follow the prompts. The program links to the file managers by default, and will associate itself with compression files on the system. This can be adjusted in the program via the Tools / Options.
- The layout of ZipGenius has the XP look. There are quite a few options to change the look such as large icons, grid separation, filters, folders split view, and more.
- The display is very orderly and has been designed in a systematic fashion. The Options area is found in the Tools menu, and gives plenty of options to customise it.
- ZipGenius places a small icon in the task bar, associates itself with your compression files on your computer, and places menu choices when you right-click in your file manager.
- ZipGenius is loaded with lots of great features that make working with compression files a breeze. It comes complete with the “First Step” feature, which can be accessed easily by using the [F1] key.
- From here you can pick exactly which process you wish to perform, and the Wizard will guide you through the whole process.
- The entire process is fully explained and the final compression process is really fast.
- It can make .exe files, and carry out multivolume compression. The Expert Layout feature gives added choices, auto signature and commenting. Then there is Cryptozip—a tool to encrypt compression files.
- Another feature is the presets for actually making backups of your most important directories and files on your system. Clicking the Backup menu area shows choices like Windows Registry files, etc., and it has a small, simple and effective inbuilt FTP program.
If you liked this post you might want to check up on 5 alternative software to Winrar.
Do let us know if you use ZipGenius and find it useful through your comments.