Amazon’s Kindle Fire vs Apple’s iPad 2; which one you should go for
Amazon.com just launched its latest tablet Amazon’s Kindle Fire in market which could give a good competition to the top selling tablet PC i.e. Apple’s iPad 2. Kindle Fire is much cheaper than Apple’s iPad but with lots of limitations in hardware as well as in its software type. Let’s have a look at both of them and find out which one’s good for you.
- **Dimensions: **The weight of Kindle Fire is 413 grams whereas iPad 2 weighs 601 grams.
- Screen: Fire’s screen is 7″ with multi-touch, 1024 x 600 pixel resolution at 169 ppi, 16 million colors. iPad has a 9.7″ display with multi-touch, 1024 x 768 pixel resolution at 132 ppi. Fire’s screen is anti-reflective and iPad’s screen is Fingerprint-resistant.
- Memory: 8GB in Fire and 16GB-64GB in iPad.
- Battery performance: 8 hours for Kindle fire and 10 hours for iPad under normal and continuous usage.
- Processor: Kindle Fire has a Dual Core processor and iPad has a 1GHz Dual Core processor.
- Camera: No camera with Kindle Fire whereas two (front and back) cameras with iPad 2.
- Wi-Fi and 3G: Fire comes up with Wi-Fi only model. You have an option of either Wi-fi or Wi-fi+3G models for iPad.
- Applications: Fire: Amazon Appstore, iPad: Apple app store.
- USB Port: Fire: USB 2.0, iPad: No USB port, however you can buy an Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit.
- Price: You can buy a Kindle Fire for $199. But you have to pay $499 for basic 16GB Wi-Fi iPad.
Amazon’s Kindle Fire is a great device and it’s good if you don’t want to pay much for a tablet PC. It’s a value for money device where you can get many features of iPad for just $199. But if you can afford an expensive tablet you should definitely go for Apple iPad 2. Great user interface, thousands of cool apps, better memory, faster processor and comes up with lots of other great feature.