The latest maintenance release to BuddyPress version 1.2.7 is available now. Those who are familiar with WordPress but have no idea about BuddyPress, have a little introduction. BuddyPress was started in 2008 and social networking features are added to a WordPress MU powered site. The first stable release was in May 2009. The platform has grown considerably since then, into the dynamic, easily extensible package we see today.
Like WordPress, BuddyPress is a completely open source endeavour. Everything from the core code, to the documentation, themes and plugin extensions are all built by the BuddyPress community. This means anyone can help the project by contributing their time and knowledge.
Short list of change log :
- Fixed problem that prevented certain kinds of profile date from being saved.
- Fixed issue that prevented blog comment activity items from displaying on certain setups.
- Fixed problem that prevented group extension tabs from appearing.
- Removed secondary blog avatars from the activity stream.
- Fixed issue where activity dates were changed when blog posts were edited.
- Fixed bug in the way that friend counts are returned.
BuddyPress is a WordPress plugin that enable Social networking. You can build a social network for your company, a group your team or niche community all based on the power and flexibility of WordPress. It will let users register on your site and start creating profiles, posting messages, making connections, creating and interacting in groups and much more.
Subversion Access : If you are a developer and Subversion user then you can download the latest development build of BuddyPress using following link.
svn co http://svn.buddypress.org/trunk/
Or Manual Download : BuddyPress 1.2.7