Here is what the Nokia Lumia 800 has to offer:
- The phone has a 3.7 inch ClearBlack AMOLED display with resolution of 800X480. The screen supports capacitive touch screen and pinch zoom.
- The battery allows for talktime of 13 hours on GSM and CDMA upto 9.5 hours. Video playback can go one fore 6.5 hours and music playback upto 55 hours.
- The 8 MP camera supports LED Flash and also auto focus.
- The memory is 512 MB program memory with 16 GB of storage. The nice part is it also has support for 25 GB Skydrive.
- It does have Facebook integration and also supports Outlook and office application which might be helpful for people using Windows OS on their laptop and looking to sync documents with their phones.
Finally, the price. Nokia has not released the price tag for the phone but it is rumoured to be around Rs. 27,000. If that does turn out to be the price, this phone might make a dent in the smartphone market here in India. The phone will be available in December 2011. If you are looking to buy a new phone, here is a list of smart-phones available in India.
Microsoft and Nokia in the same boat!
When it comes to brand image, Nokia has slipped in India. Microsoft well has not real great market-share as a Mobile OS in India. Currently the smart-phone bracket only has Android based HTC, Samsung phones grabbing numbers and of course the Apple iPhone 4. In a way, Microsoft and Nokia working together, makes sense as they both have a common goal to dominate a market they are not .
Do drop in your comments.
Link: Nokia Lumia 800