Watching a video without downloading was once almost a dream, which came true with the coming of YouTube. There are many other websites which provides live streaming of user videos, but since YouTube is a part of the esteemed Google network, we tend to go crazy for it, naturally!
- In 2010, YouTube made the World record of receiving 700 Billion playbacks.
- YouTube = 1,50,000+ full length movies in theatres every week.
- Everything is not the United States, 70% of YouTube’s traffic is from outside the US.
- Between October, ‘09 and May, ‘10, the daily views doubled to more than 2 billion.
- The volume of videos uploaded during 2010 surpassed 13 million hours.
- YouTube is not just for the young, everyone between 18 to 54 years of age watches videos on YouTube.
- YouTube is not just English, it is localized for 25 countries in about 43 languages.
Where’s the Money?
- YouTube has over 10000 partners with hundreds of them making a 6-figure income every year.
- It monetizes over 2 billion video views every week and this is increasing.
- Advertisements on YouTube has grown 10 times in the last 10 years.
- Friend connections have increased and over 5 million people have at least subscribed to 1 friend.
- People do a lot of rating and comment on YouTube videos with over 50% of the videos in that category.
- We all do a lot of video sharing on Facebook, ins’t? Exactly, about 4 million people are connected and sharing videos.
- YouTube leads in terms of total HD Content available on it’s website. (a report by CNET)
- A 10% of the total videos are available in HD.
I hope you would have enjoyed reading the facts above, then don’t wait and pen down your thoughts and comments right now!