Do you want to Market yourself/your brand or want to be known? In a world of social media, everyone is trying as hard as possible to be into some news by using online media. I do think there is a certain amount of how a person presents himself/herself in front of others which is very important.
And what else can be a better place to present himself/herself on social networking than sites like twitter, Facebook etc. You do need to present yourself in a way that interests people. Here are 15 tips that may help a person or brand :
- Always keep an interesting name for the Facebook Fan pages. Remember nobody would like to click on a boring name. 🙂 You can change the name as and when required so no issues in that too.
- Pages can behave as profiles for different brand names. Earlier people used their Facebook profiles for promoting their business etc which was against the Facebook Terms of Service. A page can act as the best way to promote your brand or your self :).
- Your fans can get the latest news by you. Imagine you have written a new blog and updated about it. It gets delivered to all the fan’s home pages just like feeds.
- Facebook has improved its latest news feature ‘highlights‘ and news feed which gives every fan a better idea on what is going on.
- Other blogger or brands can also join the conversation going on your Fan page and be a part of it. Sharing ideas is what makes networking sites cool :).
- You should always try to start the conversation. From my personal experience I have observed that any reply posted by a Fan page owner makes the Fan feel good :).
- Try to use a unique image on the fan page. The display image speaks a lot. If I would like to stand out I would choose a great image as my promotion plan. You should be extremely careful in choosing the image and it should be great enough to hold on to the user’s attention.
- Ever heard about the Canvas page? Well it is the space given under header and left to the ads sidebar that is the space given to you to be used intelligently.
- It is a general suggestion that any user should not be able to view the wall of the Fan page unless and until he is a Fan that is he has joined the page before. You should always try to send the user to join page if he comes to your page. It is important because there may be some conversation going on and you do not want a complete stranger to land into the conversation having no idea of it.
- Being a Fan page owner you should try your best to keep your readers engaged and interested. By starting the new topic, sending notifications and replying to users you can be in touch with everyone. It makes a user feel important :).
- Publish relevant and interesting articles. Keep your fan base interested and updated.
- What is better than using some of the Facebook’s application including events, quizzes etc to keep the users busy. Who would like to end up on a plain page and get bored? Such events and quizzes keep the user engaged.
- Organize events and tag people( your fans). Here you should keep in mind the privacy issues of users. Never tag someone who does not want to be tagged.
- Try to avoid updating too many things about yourself and making a mess out of it.
- If you find something interesting that your Fan has written about do comment or re publish it just as re tweet. 🙂
Earlier there were many flaws with the Facebook pages but they are getting improved now. So, by keeping all these things in mind I think you can get what you desire. A good fan following, better internet image, better publicity and promotion of the blog. If you have more ideas as to what should be done, do update me by your comments. 🙂
How many of you have Fan pages and how do you manage them? Share your Fan pages and interesting things you do to keep the users busy.